Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sheet Music

You tucked me between the pages a while back.
And all this time
i've been wanting you to
figure me out.


Unfold me.
Each crease in the paper stiff from being pressed together.
Make me fit you.
Run your tounge along the seam.
Moisten the edge.
Then tear me apart.

The feeling is
divine.

Pray for me.
Write my name on the steam covered mirror.
Close your eyes in the shower and turn the heat all the way up.
Scald me up against the cold tile wall.
Feel me in the water.
Incantation in reverberation.

Run your fingers across my eighty-eight keys.
Wrap your hands around my neck and
stop my breath with your chord progressions.
Hold on tight.
Press me into the space
between the staccato.
Turn me into the sound that hangs in the air.

Etheric snake wrapping loose like chiffon around my thighs
and up my spine.
Loa and shakers calling my spirit out
Rattling the bones in my cage.

A second line is forming.


Write out my essence on your grand staff.
Hit me with your hammers.
Transform me into notes.
Syncopate me.
Practice me
forwards and backwards.

Then freestyle, a
s you play me right down into your wooden coffin.
Finally putting me to rest in your sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment